Through the structure of our various day rehabilitation and treatment services, participating clients can remain in daily activities and community life. Often, due to the severity of symptoms and level of disruption a person experiences, he or she may need daily therapeutic contact in a structured environment on a short-term or long-term basis. Our goals are to stabilize and return the person to his or her previous level of functioning and to help the person to acquire the basic skills necessary for full participation in community life.

Individuals with mental illness who need a structure to their day can benefit from alternatives to the inpatient setting. Community Counseling of Bristol County offers the following alternative programs:

About the ACCS Program

  • Adult Community Clinical Services (ACCS)

    Formerly known as Community Based Flexible Support Services, Adult Community Clinical Services is a clinically focused service that provides integrated treatments and supports in partnership with DMH clients and their families to promote and facilitate recovery... read more

  • Program of Assertive Community Treatment (PACT)

    A multi-disciplinary team which provides the treatment, rehabilitation and support services needed to enable adults with severe and persistent mental illness to engage in an individual process of recovery... read more

I couldn't have done it without CCBC. If it wasn't for them, I would probably still be out on the streets wandering.

- Anita, a CCBC client


You get a sense of confidence and self-worth. My self-esteem has been steadily increasing, which is pretty cool.

- Kristen, a CCBC client

I do know what it's like to be told your behaviour is a problem.

- Will, PACT program Peer Specialist

One of the biggest gifts in recovery for me is having my family back in my life.

- Jeffrey, a CCBC client

If you are having an emergency, or have any thoughts of harming yourself, please call 911 or go directly to the nearest emergency room.

To make an appointment, call 508-828-9116 to speak to an intake specialist.

Email us or use the form