One of the leading PACT programs within the state, offering career development in an evidenced-based practice model
Oversee and empower the nursing team
A short commute from both Boston and Providence
Description of Position
Seeking a full time RN for PACT team in Taunton/Attleboro. PACT (Program of Assertive Community Treatment) is a comprehensive, community-based psychiatric program providing a range of treatment, rehabilitation, and support services to adults with chronic mental illness and some with co-occurring addictions, Axis II and/or chronic medical problems. Work as a member of a multidisciplinary team that also includes a prescriber, two other nurses, vocational specialists, licensed social workers, housing specialists, addictions specialist and a recovery specialist. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the leading PACT programs within the state, offering career development in an evidenced-based practice model.
Some job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining communication with the PACT director around team functioning and service delivery as a part of the leadership team
- Empowering the nursing team by modeling strong leadership and conveying the philosophy and principles of PACT
- Ensuring equal distribution of nursing team responsibilities
- Keep the nursing team focused to complete daily responsibilities effectively and efficiently
- Assessing overall physical and psychiatric health of consumers and conducting assessments which are appropriate for the nurse scope of practice
- Competently administers and monitors prescribed psychotropic medications and injections.
- Develop and maintain policy and procedure regarding medication administration and storage
- Make referrals to community physicians, providing management and administration of medication in conjunction with program psychiatrist; sharing shift management duties with other staff; supervision of other program nurses; and providing range of general treatment, rehabilitation and support services offered by the program. administration of IMs, oversight of medication deliveries and dispensing, coordination of medical appointments, direct outreach to all consumers in the program and treatment plans for primary case load of approximately five clients.
RN licensure in Massachusetts. The team member we seek is someone with a high level of self motivation, good personal boundaries and a firm belief in the principles of recovery from mental illness. A combination of exceptional clinical and organizational skills is required. PACT positions are outreach positions and applicants are required to work with clients in their homes and in community settings. Applicants must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation. One evening shift (12-8 pm) per week and every fifth weekend required.
A multi-disciplinary team which provides the treatment, rehabilitation and support services needed to enable adults with severe and persistent mental illness to engage in an individual process of recovery... read more
Date posted: 3/20/2017
For more information about this position, or to send your resume:
Community Counseling of Bristol County
1 Washington St. Taunton, MA 02780