Assist mentally ill clients to forge their own personal path of recovery
Serve as a mentor to promote hope, resilience and empowerment
A short commute from both Boston and Providence
Description of Full-Time Position
Responsible for the general daily care of program clients and primary program service delivery, including:
- Provide range of rehabilitation, support, supervision, and housing services.
- Provide individual and group peer support.
- Serve as a linkage to the Recovery Learning Community.
- Provide recovery resource information to clients and staff.
- Serve as a mentor to promote hope, resilience and empowerment.
- Participate in advocacy efforts and anti-stigma campaigns.
- Complete documentation in a timely fashion, including incident reporting.
- Other duties as defined by agency and/or program leadership.
Must have lived experience as a person in recovery with at least two years of sustained recovery time; experience working with diverse populations; must possess good organizational skills, and effective written, verbal and computer skills.
There is no specific educational requirement for the position but certification as a Certified Peer Specialist is expected within one year of hire, and certification as a WRAP trainer is a plus. A degree in human services and/or relevant experience working with mentally ill adults preferred, along with knowledge of the recovery process and core values of the recovery movement.
Provides rehabilitation interventions and supports in partnership with clients and their families to promote and facilitate recovery... read more
Date posted: 7/11/2017
For more information about this position, or to send your resume:
Community Counseling of Bristol County
1 Washington St. Taunton, MA 02780